Imagine juicy chicken pieces lightly coated in a sticky sauce infused with honey, garlic and sun-dried tomato, finished with a squeeze of fresh lime juice…need I say more? Make this and treat yourself to some fresh Mexican flavours tonight- especially when served with some soft tortillas, fresh salsa and spicy rice! Pair it with a refreshing margarita if you are feeling fancy… Delicioso!
For the chicken marinade:
- 8 chicken drumsticks, de-boned
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 3/4 cup white wine
- runny honey, to taste
- salt, to taste
- juice from a fresh lime
- Marinate the chicken. In a bowl, combine together the marinade ingredients with the chicken. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, pan-fry the chicken pieces in some oil until golden on all sides (the chicken is not fully cooked at this stage). Remove the chicken onto a plate.
- Over medium heat, add the 1 teaspoon of minced garlic into the pan and fry until aromatic. Deglaze the pan with white wine and add in the sun-dried tomato. Taste and season the sauce with some honey and salt.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced. Re-check seasoning and adjust if necessary. Squeeze over fresh lime juice and serve immediately!