Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friends!
I am welcoming in the new year with this scrumptious Strawberry Salad that embodies all I am wishing for: a Healthy, Fresh start filled with Sweet moments, Vibrant experiences and new Gastronomic Delights!
Without a doubt this has become my favourite salads of all time! Ripe sweet strawberries and cherry tomatoes, cool crunchy cucumber and fragrant basil with a tart balsamic reduction is simply heaven on a plate!
- 6 ripe strawberries, halved
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Approximately 6cm cucumber, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Approximately 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Flaky sea salt and black pepper
- Light olive oil
- To make the balsamic reduction, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan and turn down to a simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Arrange strawberries, tomatoes, cucumber and basil on a plate. Drizzle over the balsamic reduction ans olive oil. Season well with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!