Sure, smoked chicken tastes perfectly fine on it’s own but it’s just a bit plain and not very exciting at all…
It’s time for my mighty Miso-Alfredo Sauce to the rescue!
The strong flavour of the smoked chicken can really stand up to the creamy sauce flavoured with salty-sweet white miso paste and nutty Parmesan cheese. The miso takes Alfredo sauce to the next level by adding a depth of flavour that is quite hard to describe but is absolutely delicious! Be sure to serve this with plenty of rice or pasta (or orzo if you want both)
Smoked chicken has never tasted so good! Mission accomplished!
- 1 smoked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp white miso paste mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk or cream
- 1-2 tsp cornflour dissolved in a little water, if required
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- sugar, to taste
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and whisk in miso paste. When combined, add the evaporated milk or cream. Season with sugar, salt and white pepper to taste. If you would like a thicker sauce, whisk in the cornflour and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Add in smoked chicken and cook over low heat until chicken is warmed though.
- Scatter over green onions and serve immediately.