A new take on the ordinary fried egg. Light and refreshing, the use of konbu tsuyu (light seaweed-infused soy sauce), dried bonito flakes and shichimi togarashi (7-spice powder) provide a delicious Japanese twist. Make this dish for a special breakfast or brunch for the ones you love (or just for yourself)!
- 1 large egg
- salt and white pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into eighths
- 1 handful of dried bonito flakes
- 1 handful of seasoned seaweed, cut into strips
- some thinly sliced spring onion
- shichimi toragashi, to taste
- knobu tsuyu, to taste
- sweet chili sauce, to taste
- In a small non-stick frying pan (16cm in diameter), pan-fry the egg until done to your liking over medium heat. Lightly season with salt and white pepper. Remove from heat.
- Arrange tomato pieces on top of the egg.
- Mound bonito flakes in the center and scatter over seaweed strips and sliced spring onion.
- Sprinkle over shichimi torigashi, konbu tsuyu and sweet chili sauce.