The fusion of Korean and Japanese flavours with a fresh zing of lemon and the hum of sweet honey takes ordinary roast chicken to the next level! I love how the the fiery red glow of the skin is like the sunset.
- 1 fresh whole chicken (approximately 1.2kg)
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp siracha sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp clear runny honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- Combine all marinade ingredients together in a bowl
- In a large bowl, pour marinade over chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place chicken in a ceramic oven-safe casserole dish and cover with foil. Reserve marinade in the bowl.
- Bake chicken for 1 hour. Remove foil and pour over reserved marinade.
- Bake chicken for a further 20min or until done. Serve with chicken juices.